MySQL Forums :: General :: Performance increased after mysqldump restoration ?

Advanced Search

Performance increased after mysqldump restoration ?
Posted by: Julien Collas ()
Date: April 24, 2009 09:34AM

Hello,

I'm sys-administrator ( not a dba ;) ) and I've problem with the database of an e-shopping website.
I saw the number of threads increased with the Load of the server too, and doesn't understand why... The performance on the website were poor
I was in contact with the dev, and they were no change on their side.

I use a mysqldump backup to understand what could be the reasons. And with my restoration, I had pretty good results.

What could be the differences between the production and the restored version ? (an accumulation of request in memory ? or anything like that)
Is there any administrator tasks I could ran on the database to purge *useless* data ?

Thanks for your answers,

Julien

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Performance increased after mysqldump restoration ? Julien Collas 04/24/2009 09:34AM
Re: Performance increased after mysqldump restoration ? Rick James 04/25/2009 04:16PM
Re: Performance increased after mysqldump restoration ? Julien Collas 04/27/2009 09:26AM
Re: Performance increased after mysqldump restoration ? Rick James 04/27/2009 09:57PM
Re: Performance increased after mysqldump restoration ? Julien Collas 04/28/2009 02:20AM
Re: Performance increased after mysqldump restoration ? Rick James 04/28/2009 10:47PM
Re: Performance increased after mysqldump restoration ? Julien Collas 04/30/2009 07:06AM
Re: Performance increased after mysqldump restoration ? Rick James 04/30/2009 11:04PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.