MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MyISAM

Changing ft_min_word_len without rebuilding old indexes - will that work as described below?
Posted by: Arkadiusz Miskiewicz
Date: April 12, 2022 12:19AM

Hello.

I have tons of myisam indexes with ft_min_word_len=4. Now I want to change it to other value, like 3 but without rebuilding old indexes. For old indexes =4 is simply ok.

Will such change be ok from mysql point of view and everything will work just fine? I mean old indexes would behave like ft_min_word_len=4 while new (or rebuilt) indexes will behave as ft_min_word_len=2?

Documentation doesn't really cover that. It only mentions that " `FULLTEXT` indexes on `MyISAM` tables must be rebuilt after changing this variable" which would be make sense if anyone would want to new setting to work for existing indexes but that isn't my case.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Changing ft_min_word_len without rebuilding old indexes - will that work as described below?
April 12, 2022 12:19AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.