MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

Innodb & Odbc Problem
Posted by: richard.davies
Date: July 06, 2005 01:03AM

Exception Error Message:
"row cannot be located for updating some values may have changed since it was last read"

I'm using MyODBC v3.51.11-2
MySQL Server v4.1.12a
Using ADO to interface between C# and MyODBC.
Tables are INNODB type
I have the DNS setting "Return Matching Rows" on.

The problem only occurs with Updating a DATETIME field using the ado UPDATE function on a specific record.

It is not an option to use the .net connector as i have to be able to interface to any type of database.

The moethod im using to update is:
1: Open RecordSet
2: Find Specific record(using ADO Find method on the primary key)
3: Update all fields individually using ADO Update command.

Now I can have an innodb table of 10 fields of varying types but none of which are DATETIME and this can be done fine. The problem occurs on the first DATETIIME field it comes too and my appthrows an exception with the above error.

The problem is not my datetime string as this method works fine for non innodb tables with the same data.

I've tried various versions of MySQL and MyODBC to try and find where the problem is occurring but to no avail.

Does anyone know if this is a known issue or of a workaround. Ive been stuck on this problem for some time now and cannot find a way around it.

Regards,
Rich

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Innodb & Odbc Problem
July 06, 2005 01:03AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.