MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

To understand about innodb_rollback_on_timeout
Posted by: Thannasi P
Date: October 13, 2022 06:40AM

Hi All,
I would like to understand why the default value of innodb_rollback_on_timeout is set to OFF and from documentation understood that this rolls back only the last statement in a transaction and this may lead to data inconsistency if we don't retry that statement and sometimes we will add retry at method or transaction level so this also will not help i think but we want to retry only that statement so do we need to have try catch for every statement or maintain state of current execution and why this is not ON by default and rollback entire transaction so that we can safely retry that transaction,kindly help me in understanding this am also think to change this value to ON if so will there be any negative impact,any suggestions will be appreciated,thank you.

Documentation:
"InnoDB rolls back only the last statement on a transaction timeout by default. If --innodb-rollback-on-timeout is specified, a transaction timeout causes InnoDB to abort and roll back the entire transaction."

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
To understand about innodb_rollback_on_timeout
October 13, 2022 06:40AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.