MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

Diskless mode on per-table basis
Posted by: Anatoly Pidruchny
Date: July 19, 2006 08:02AM

Hello,

My question is about the ability to have a couple of tables in the NDB Cluster that work in diskless mode. The "diskless" option in the config.ini is not what I want, because I want all the tables, except for a few, to work in normal mode. I remember I have read somewhere that the ability to make an individual table diskless was planned in one of the releases of MySQL. But I still did not find that this feature is officially supported even in the latest MySQL 5.1 releases.

Well, with that being said, I found that NDB API has functions Table::getLogging/Table::setLogging that look like do just that. The description for getLogging says:

"If false, then the table is a temporary table and is not logged to disk; in the event of a system restart the table still exists and retains its definition, but it will be empty."

Does this really work? This is a great feature, and if it is supported internally, I do not understand why it is not advertised and described in the regular MySQL Reference Manual. If it works, then I will have to write a tool that will allow me to convert any table into the diskless mode (by setting the logging off). Such a tool should really be available in MySQL distributions, or the SQL Syntax should be extended to allow creating and altering tables into the diskless mode.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Diskless mode on per-table basis
July 19, 2006 08:02AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.