MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Backup

mysqldump from MySQL 5.5 then restore to 5.1
Posted by: Bob White
Date: February 06, 2011 09:54PM

I'm running vBulletin (forum software) on a Windows dedicated server. I recently had to upgrade the operating system to the latest version of Windows Server and in the process I also installed all the current versions of everything, including MySQL (and I restored the database from a mysqldump that was done before the upgrades).

Well now there are some small issues with vBulletin, and vBulletin kinda recommends downgrading MySQL. So I'm going to use mysqldump to backup the current database, then I will simply uninstall MySQL 5.5 and then install 5.1, and restore the database from the dump file.

Is it safe to do that? I mean, is it safe to do the mysqldump from a later version of MySQL (in this case 5.5) and then restore it to an earlier version (in this case 5.1)? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
mysqldump from MySQL 5.5 then restore to 5.1
February 06, 2011 09:54PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.