MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Backup

mysqldump crash after VS update
Posted by: Tim Rath
Date: August 02, 2018 01:36PM

We have MySQL 5.6 installed with Visual Studio 2010 on a Windows 2008 R2 server. The main db user got a dump last week. Monday I patched VS due to a security alert, and I wonder if that update is causing a problem for us.

Later that day, the user tried to get another dump and it stopped the MySQL56 service. He tried a few more times, but same result. He and his supervisor don't think the update caused the problem; they think it's a problem with one of their tables because it appears to get through some tables and then crash on a specific one.

We did get a successful dump of a very small db, so I know that would indicate a size issue, but they don't think the db grew very much if at all since the last dump. We've tried tweaking a few settings in the my.ini file, like bumping up the max-allowed-packet. I can give some more details, but wanted to rule out the VS update first. Any chance that hosed us?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
mysqldump crash after VS update
August 02, 2018 01:36PM
August 03, 2018 09:00AM
August 03, 2018 11:19AM
August 03, 2018 02:23PM
August 06, 2018 02:55PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.