MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Backup

Moving Database to new Server with out Backup file
Posted by: Troy Downing
Date: March 01, 2005 08:12PM

My server took a dive on Sunday, the CPU fan shut down resulting in a CPU and MB that no longer function. My new hardware is not the same so I was unable to boot off of the old drive. I have set the drive up as a slave and have been able to get all of the site and DB files off of it. I have been looking for info on restoring the BD but most reference the use files created using the mysqldump command or the "mysql db_name > backup-file.sql" and the "mysql db_name < backup-file.sql" commands.

Unfortuanatly I had not done any of this, the db is just for my blogs. But since they nubmer in the hundreds I would rather not loose all of the writings.

So is there any way to restore the DB since I still have all of the files (whole mysql directory).

Could I got in to the shell and create a new db on my new server with the same name as my old db, then shut the mysql service down and copy the data files in to the new directory.

THanks

Troy

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Moving Database to new Server with out Backup file
March 01, 2005 08:12PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.