MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Security

Newly created users not seeing tables they've been granted privs on in clients
Posted by: Glen McAllister
Date: September 04, 2017 07:51PM

Hi,

This is driving me a bit crazy. I've created 2 new users with identical privs on specific tables on specific databases; e.g. SELECT on d1.table1 & SELECT,UPDATE on db1.table2 and SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE on db2.table1 and SELECT on db2.table2 - you get the idea. All GRANTS were done as root and a FLUSH PRIVILEGES issued after the fact. The users are of the form 'name'@'192.168.1.%'. All the entries for the users look ok in the user,db,and table_privs tables. SHOW GRANTS shows all the GRANTed privs.

The problem is, that when you connect as either of these users, one database on which table privs has been granted is not visible with a SHOW DATABASES, and for the other databases which are, only some tables are visible on which privileges have been granted. There seems to be no pattern to the denial of visibility in terms of the which tables have which grants.

I have absolutely no idea what's going on here. I've done quite a bit of reading in forums and I have a reasonable grasp of the MySQL privilege system, but this has me stumped. Why ON EARTH should some databases be not seen by the client or only some tables or none at all (for the databases that are)?

It's not something funky with the 'user'@'<ip address>' 'cause I created another user of the form 'user'@'localhost' and that also experienced exactly the same problem.

T.I.A,

GAM

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Newly created users not seeing tables they've been granted privs on in clients
September 04, 2017 07:51PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.