MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

5.2.6 Connector Install difficulties
Posted by: Scott Armistead
Date: October 15, 2013 06:49AM

Tried to install 5.2.6, but can not get it to operate correctly
mysql-connector-odbc-5.2.6-winx64.msi

Win 7 with 64-bit machine

Added C:\Program Files\MySQL\Connector ODBC 5.2, and C:\windows\syswow64 to system path

Had msvcr100.dll missing so I installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package, both x86 and x64

myodbc5w.dll and lib are present in C:\Program Files\MySQL\Connector ODBC 5.2

Used the following to register:
myodbc-installer -d -a -n "MySQL ODBC 5.2 Unicode Driver" -t "DRIVER=C:\Program Files\MySQL\Connector ODBC 5.2\myodbc5w.dll;SETUP=C:\Program Files\MySQL\Connector ODBC 5.2\myodbc5S.dll"

I have used 5.2w as my connector for a year or so, and 5.1 before that. I have a MS Access 2007 FE talking to a MySQL BE install on a remote (yet on-campus) server.
The DSN-less connection string I have successfully used for over a year was DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 5.2w Driver} which I simply changed to DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 5.2 Unicode Driver}, however it keeps saying the ODBC call failed.

I have used the GUI provided ODBC manager and am able to create a DSN file and successfully 'test' the connection.
When I use the alternative manager c:\windows\syswow64\odbcad32.exe, I can create a file but not actually set a connection. Nor will it let me edit the file, it simply says 'General error: Invalid DSN file'

More specifically, MS Access gives me the message: Error 3151 ODBC connectin to {MySQL ODBC 5.2 Unicode Driver}qcyce1 failed.
Where qcyce1 is the server name. Here is my entire connection string, where again, the only change was to the DRIVER portion.

ODBC;DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 5.2 Unicode Driver};SERVER=qcyce1;PORT=3306;CONNECTION TIMEOUT=15;COLUMN_SIZE_S32=1DFLT_BIGINT_BIND_STR=1;LANGUAGE=us_english;Option=3;DATABASE=enterprisedata;UID=PartsQuestUser;PWD=PQ;

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I and several others use this application on a daily basis.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
5.2.6 Connector Install difficulties
October 15, 2013 06:49AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.