MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

ODBC Driver 8.0 slower than 5.3
Posted by: Roberto Oliè
Date: December 15, 2023 10:01AM

Hello, I have a problem with the ODBC Drivers, I think. I've done tests with Windows Server 2019, Windows Server 2022 and Windows 10, and the problem is always the same.
I have installed IIS 10, MySQL Server 8.0 and I use classic ASP pages that connect to the db via ADODB connection and ODBC driver.
Well the connection via MySQL ODBC 8.0 ANSI Driver is much SLOWER than the MySQL ODBC 5.3 ANSI Driver!!! We're talking about 8/9 times slower!
I also created a special script that runs a series of very simple read-only queries. The execution time with the 5.3 driver is much faster than the 8.0 driver.
And it's not a problem with the connection to the database, I've verified, but rather with the procession of the queries.
I would like to solve this problem because I don't feel like using an old driver and also because even the speed of the 5.3 driver doesn't fully satisfy me, I hope there is a configuration or setting problem that can be resolved.
Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
ODBC Driver 8.0 slower than 5.3
December 15, 2023 10:01AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.