java webstart mysql-connector-java calls -bin library
Posted by: BART VANDERCAMMEN
Date: March 27, 2013 10:01AM

I have a java webstart project using mysql-connector-java-5.1.24.jar . When installing I can see in the traffic to the server that webstart gets the mysql-connector-java-5.1.24.jar.
But when the application uses the driver, when getting the connection to the DB, suddenly webstart is calling the server for another library, mysql-connector-java-5.1.24-bin.jar (-bin is added) which of course is not available and thus returns a 404 answer.
When I change the version to 5.1.13, the same happens , mysql-connector-java-5.1.13-bin.jar is called, the version changes also.
And it is called several times, depending on the java version. java6 +- 20 times, java7 +- 30 times.
And apparently the extra library is not needed because my application works as expected. It's just very annoying that it generates so much errors and takes all that unnecessarily network traffic.
I get this on jboss 4.0.5 and tomcat 7.
An idea anybody ? Where should I file this?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
java webstart mysql-connector-java calls -bin library
March 27, 2013 10:01AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.