MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MaxDB

query with Error -8004 (SQL Studio 7.6)
Posted by: Renate Jantke
Date: May 18, 2006 05:35AM

Hi,

the excecution of the following statement (SQL Studio 7.6)

SELECT OVFoverfloat, OVFcontinue, DB60_EVT.OID, DB60_OVF.OID FROM DB60_EVT, DB60_OVF WHERE EVToverfloat=OVFoverfloat AND EVToverfloat IN (SELECT EVToverfloat FROM DB60_EVT WHERE (EVTmessageType='P' ) AND (EVTprotocolType='A' ) AND (EVTeventType='I' ) AND UPPER(EVTeventTime) LIKE UPPER('%2006/05/18 07:56:10%') AND UPPER(EVTserviceName) LIKE UPPER('%CE-Test-Overfloat%') AND UPPER(EVTevent) LIKE UPPER('%CE-Testmessage%') AND UPPER(EVTuserId) LIKE UPPER('%jantke%') AND UPPER(EVThost) LIKE UPPER('%Bibi%') AND UPPER(EVTmessage) LIKE UPPER('%application Message of Event informationoverfloat overfloat overfloat overfloat overfloat overfloat overfloat overfloat overfloat overfloat overfloat overfloat overfloat overfloat overfloat overfloat overfloat overfloat overfloat overfloat overfloat ove%') AND UPPER(EVTprocessBegin) LIKE UPPER('%2006/05/18 07:56:29%') AND UPPER(EVTprocessEnd) LIKE UPPER('%2006/05/18 07:56:29%') AND (EVTeventState='S' ) AND EVTcounter='60640')

has the following result:

Statement successfully executed. No Result
Execution Time: 11:14:53.299 - 11:14:53.329 (00.030 sec)
---- Error -------------------------------
Auto Commit: On, SQL Mode: Internal, Isolation Level: Committed
Error in assignment;-8004 POS(548) Constant must be compatible with column type and length

In the Error Messages I have found:
"Use a QUERY statement issued on the system table DOMAIN.COLUMNS to find out the definition of the affected column. Specify a constant with the correct data type."

The result of my special query

SELECT LEN from DOMAIN.COLUMNS where COLUMNNAME='EVTMESSAGE'

is 4000.

I read something about the restrictions, but I found no restriction for the length of LIKE - Operators.

If I reduce my Like - Operator (for EVTmessage) at one character, then the result is successfully.

That means, their is an not specifyied restriction:

The string in a LIKE - operator has maximum 255 character.

Is it correct or is their an other mistake in the SQL - statement ?

Kind regards
Renate

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
query with Error -8004 (SQL Studio 7.6)
May 18, 2006 05:35AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.