MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Delphi

ftString on TEXT Datatype ?! Size is equal to the largest item in the DB :( - or 255 bytes long
Posted by: Karol Martinka
Date: February 18, 2007 02:28PM

Hello,

I have a weird problem with MySQL and Delphi over ADO components.
MySQL does not return the TEXT type as "Memo", but as "String". The size of the 'String' is random. Why???
If you fill out the database by other system, then most probably you will receive as the size the length of the longest item in that column...

My problem is :
I have a TDBMemo component which I would like to make editable. However, I can't use the 'TEXT' type, because the text is cropped after posting through TADODataset or TAdoQuery !!! It's very strange behavior, and I can't figure out, how to achieve the expected results.

My question is :
How can I update a TEXT field from Delphi through TADODataSet or TADOQuery without doing it manually per SQL statement? Is there any way how to do it through TDataSource, please?

Thank you!
Karol

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
ftString on TEXT Datatype ?! Size is equal to the largest item in the DB :( - or 255 bytes long
February 18, 2007 02:28PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.