MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

PHP Queries show results in mysql4.1 but not 5.0.18
Posted by: Michael Brennan-White
Date: March 01, 2006 01:49PM

Hi,

I am working on a Test Server to transition our pages from mysql 4.1.7 to v. 5.0.18. I am using the same install of PHP5.1.2 to access the databases by changing the port designation depending on the version of mySQL I wish to access.

I can login to both versions of mySQL both through command line and MySQL Administrator. I am also able to create a connection to both databases without error through a PHP page using mysqli_connect.

My problem:
A query I make in 4.1 returns results while the identical query in 5.0 doesn't return results. I echo the query string to the page and am able to return results if I copy the 5.0 string into Query Browser.

$result=mysqli_query($mysqli, $SqlStr); is what I am using for the query request.

Select owners.ownerid from owners Where Owners.Active = 1 And lname like "White%" AND fname like "Michael%".

I do have the mysqli lines in php.ini uncommented, am using the suggested dll's from mysql for the connection, all errors set in php.ini and am running this on a Win2003 server.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

Michael

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
PHP Queries show results in mysql4.1 but not 5.0.18
March 01, 2006 01:49PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.