MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

Conditional 'WHERE' Clause usign PHP
Posted by: Cary Bondoc
Date: October 10, 2013 09:54PM

cary1234, on 10 Oct 2013 - 11:04 PM, said:

Hello! Right now I'm working on advance search for my website and I'm stuck on this part of my website. I'm glad I can shout for help here in you forums. :)

What I want is whenever a user use the advance search the user can search for first name, last name, middle name and lastly nick name.

The Condition:
Sometimes the user may want to define their search specifically like for example I want to search all the people who have a last name "Bondoc" that lives in "Philippines" so they will check the checkbox for first name and country then click the advance search. What is the best code for this logic?

Right now this is what I did.. But I guest I will code every type of combination which really needs some effort, any other idea please?

INPUT

THE RESULT

And here's my code
$db_Connection = mysqli_connect($db_Host, $db_User, $db_Pass, $db_Name);

$cb_Fname = $_POST['cb_Fname'];
$tb_Fname = $_POST['tb_Fname'];
$cb_Lname = $_POST['cb_Lname'];
$tb_Lname = $_POST['tb_Lname'];

if ($cb_Fname == "1"){
//checkbox is CHECKED
$fname = "fname LIKE '%$tb_Fname%'";
}

else{
//checkbox not CHECKED
$fname = "";

}

if ($cb_Lname == "1"){
//checkbox is CHECKED
$lname = "AND lname LIKE '%$tb_Lname%'";
}

else{
//checkbox not CHECKED
$lname = "";

}

$qry_Ftt = mysqli_query($db_Connection, "SELECT * FROM users WHERE $fname $lname");
?>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Conditional 'WHERE' Clause usign PHP
October 10, 2013 09:54PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.