Re: Can embedded server be accessed by external applications
Posted by: Paul Norman
Date: November 04, 2009 12:38AM

Dear Sonu,

embedded MySql is a library linked to from an application you write either statically or dynamically as a .dll, or under Linux as a .so, and then your application acts as a server to its self. So it is called embedded. The server is embedded inside your application.

So instead of making tcp requests to it on a port number, your application makes function calls to the linked library.

The MySql tables are created in a directory structure that you nominate in your application.

Only one application can do this directly at a time, but that application can "serve" other applications that are able to "talk" to it through com, dcom, tcp or other means that you are able to programme yourself into the applications.

I hope that makes things a bit more clearer to you.

However I also would like to know if there are any references to Php being able to use embedded MySql as I am looking at whether it could be used in the Opensource Titanium framework (http://www.appcelerator.com/products/) now that they include Php?

Paul

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Can embedded server be accessed by external applications
November 04, 2009 12:38AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.