MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

trouble with getting access data into mysql
Posted by: shawn bright
Date: July 10, 2005 05:50PM

i am having a real struggle here. maybe i just need a fresh perspective.
i have a computer at work running ms Access on a Win XP machine which uses a .mdb databases.

i am setting up a debian linux computer that will work as a web server and we want to put this info on the web via mysql. i have tried to use tools from linux to work with the database file and was even able to get some tables exported to comma, deleniated text files. when i try to load this into the table it gives me errors. one of the fields is a TimeDate but it is backwards of the way mysql formats date and time (with the date as four digit year first)

what is the best way to pull off a migration from Access on a Win XP computer, to a mysql server on a linux computer. i think once the data is migrated (from some research i have done so far is to set up a odbc from access to update the info in the mysql (will need to update every ten minutes or so)

i have seen the migration tools, but didnt know how that would apply since it is windows and the server must run linux.

any help here would be great. i basically need a starting point of what to research to make this happen as smoothly or painlessly as possible. Maybe even a good tutorial that starts at a newbie level.

any takers?

thanks

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
trouble with getting access data into mysql
July 10, 2005 05:50PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.