MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

How to connect MS access to MySql DB
Posted by: elinoy
Date: August 28, 2006 12:05PM

Smiple question that I'm not able to find an answer for.

I have server with MySql DB I create the DB and the tables using Openoffice base. that work great and let me connect to the DB no problem what so ever. I'm using the MySql driver from this site and its connected and everything fine. But when I tried to open access 2003 project and make a connection to mysql db it will not let me, the only option I have is SQL server I tried that but it will not let me to connect. I'm trying to figure out a way so I can use/connect MySql db with ms access I will appreciate if someone will tell me what I need to do in order to make access work with MySql DB.

** I'm trying to link table by going to file -> Get ext data -> Link Table when I trying to change the type file to ODBC() the windows is close it self and nothing happen ....... Weird - sorry it isnt weird its Microsoft.

ThankX

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2006 01:18PM by elinoy .

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
How to connect MS access to MySql DB
August 28, 2006 12:05PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.