MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

Update a table by adding a new row with an expression
Posted by: Nathan Spangler
Date: September 18, 2009 07:15AM

This problem has me stumped. I have a table the records quality control metrics for a project team. The table stores technicians names and metrics associated with their work. Each tech can have multiple rows with their names and associated quality metrics. One of the columns stores the tech's hours per work area. I would like to create a new table that averages each tech's hours per work area. The new table would have each tech's name only one time and their avg hours per work area. I was able to do this with the following update query:

SELECT Technician, Avg(A1_COMPLETE.[HOURS PER AREA]) AS [Avg Of HOURS PER AREA] INTO [Average Hours Per Area]
FROM A1_COMPLETE
GROUP BY Technician;

The real value of this new table will be realized when I can display in a pivot chart each tech's avg hours per area against the overall avg hours per area (for the team as a whole). In the new table create above [Average Hours Per Area], I would like to add a new row using a query that inserts a new user called 'Average User' with the team's avg hours per area. This part I cannot figure out. Any ideas??? Can all of this be accomplished with one query from the A1_COMPLETE table???
Thanks for the help!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Update a table by adding a new row with an expression
September 18, 2009 07:15AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.