MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Stored Procedures

Execute Privilege
Posted by: asadikhan
Date: November 30, 2005 01:22PM

Hi,

I am using MySQL 5.0.16. I created a new database called philo. I created a new user called philouser. I created a stored procedure inside philo. When trying to execute this stored procedure from inside MySql, I can only get it to work if I use the "root" user. If I use the "philouser", it doesn't work due to insufficient privileges.

I did some research and found out that the philouser user account needs the "EXECUTE" privilege assigned to it on the particular database to be able to run stored procedures (otherwise only the definer can run it successfully). So I assigned the EXECUTE privilege to philouser however I am still getting the same error (insufficient privilege). I also read somewhere in the documentaion that EXECUTE won't be supported till 5.0.3, but I am using 5.0.16 so it should work.

Also, I see EXECUTE under AVAILABLE PRIVILEGES in the administrator, but as soon as I add it to the ASSIGNED PRIVILEGE section, it disappears from both lists on the next refresh.

Any clues?

I would like to use MySQL from an upcoming project, but little things like this are really putting me off MySQL.

Asad

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Execute Privilege
November 30, 2005 01:22PM
December 01, 2005 11:20AM
December 02, 2005 02:17PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.