MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Delete parent fields or disable them?
Posted by: Christopher Cooley
Date: December 07, 2014 11:02PM

Hello,

I've built a tractor trailer electronic ticketing solution using MySQL with the MyISAM storage engine. Eventhough I've been working with MySQL for years I still consider myself a newbie.

Many of the tables have other tables relying on their unique id's. For example, I have a table for Accounts and another table that has maybe 25 individual account rates for each account. Each account rate has the unique account id attached to it.

My question is what happens if we delete an account that might have 25 account rates attached to it? I only see 2 options, either delete all those rates with the account being deleted or leave all the rates with no account name?

I'm also confused on whether or not to attach the rates to accounts by the name or the unique id. If I use the id then there's no record of what the name was.

Any help on this issue will be greatly appreciated!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Delete parent fields or disable them?
December 07, 2014 11:02PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.