MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Recommended User Administration Structure & Privileges?
Posted by: Jeff Smith
Date: February 02, 2015 01:38PM

Hi Guys,

Had a quick question for mysql user accounts.

First, for added security, I renamed the root account and used the password generator to generate a difficult password. This user account has all the privileges root originally had.

My question is, I plan on using mysql in connection with some php based websites for online account management, blogs, and simple data tracking. I want to create a unique user for each associated database so if one is compromised, it doesn't affect the other databases. My question is, what are the minimum privileges I should assign a user like that, so each website is able to interact with it's respective database? I guess I'd really just like them to be able to have CRUD abilities.

What privileges should I allow each user to have so they only have access to the individual database instead of all databases in mysql?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Recommended User Administration Structure & Privileges?
February 02, 2015 01:38PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.