Re: Unable to insert special character from command prompt - incorrect string value
Posted by: Paul Cartier
Date: November 03, 2009 06:19PM

I have a similar problem with a simple o acute character - รณ or 0xc3bc - which is throwing the famous "incorrect string ..." error. IN my case:
Incorrect string value: '\xA2w' for column ...
I have created my dbase with utf8 default char set and utf8_unicode_ci collation, started the console with the --default-character-set=utf8 switch, checked all variables in console, done SET NAMES etc. etc. just like Martyn. And I have not overridden any of these encoding settings in the tables or columns! The problem is very strange because all sorts of other strange characters (Polish!!) all paste into the console and are inserted quite gracefully. So far just the o acute character gives me this error and it is very frustrating.

I am editing my SQL statements in editor Ultraedit and in a unicode (U8-DOS) file. Does anyone have any ideas? I am stumped !!!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Unable to insert special character from command prompt - incorrect string value
November 03, 2009 06:19PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.