MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Re: How do I maually open port 3306? (aka Can't connect to MySQL server on localhost (10061)
Posted by: T. T.
Date: October 21, 2007 02:05AM

I'd been having the "Can't connect to MySQL server on localhost (10061)" issue for a couple of days trying to read through the posts here an there on how people solved the issue. Nothing was working for me. Found out I needed to open the port on the windows firewall (Windows NT SP2). But still was having no luck; I opened the port, opened the programs mysqld_nt and mysql on the windows firewall - shutdown and rebooted, then, even after that, with "telnet localhost 3306", It was giving me the error it couldn't connect to the port.

But - I finally solved the issue! I went to the C:/mysql/data folder, deleted the ib_logfile0, ibdata1 and ib_logfile1 files,
ran this: "C:\MySQL\bin\mysqld-nt" --defaults-file="C:\MySQL\my.ini" MySQL

and I am finally able to see the database - and the mysqld-nt process running in the task manager!

T. T. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Michael Verdugo Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > On XP, go to control panel, network connections.
>
> > Select 'change windows firewall settings'.
> Click
> > on Exceptions tab and click on Add Port button.
>
> > Type in MySQL for the name of the port and 3306
> > for the port number. Select tcp and ok.
>
>
> I tried this - and even added the programs
> mysqld-nt and mysql to the exception lists under
> "add program.." - however, I still am having
> problems just doing this:
>
> > telnet localhost 3306
> Connecting to localhost...Could not open
> connection to the host, on port 3306: Connect
> failed.
>
> Any other suggestions?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
October 21, 2007 01:29AM
Re: How do I maually open port 3306? (aka Can't connect to MySQL server on localhost (10061)
October 21, 2007 02:05AM
M B
August 01, 2009 03:32PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.