Re: innodb_autoinc_lock_mode=2
Posted by: Rick James
Date: August 05, 2014 09:59AM

Smells like a bug. Please post it at bugs.mysql.com

Meanwhile... file_scan is a large table (and presumably high insert rate) with a large number of secondary indexes. You may be pushing I/O limits of the system.

Current keys:
PRIMARY KEY (`file_scan_id`),
UNIQUE KEY `iall` (`file_id`,`scanner_id`),
KEY `idate` (`date_scanned`),
KEY `iscanner_id_result` (`scanner_id`,`result`),
KEY `iall_result` (`file_id`,`scanner_id`,`result`(1)) USING BTREE

Proposed keys:
PRIMARY KEY (`file_id`,`scanner_id`),
KEY `idate` (`date_scanned`),
KEY `iscanner_id_result` (`scanner_id`,`result`),

Notes:
* file_scan_id seems to otherwise be unused.
* By having file_id+scanner_id as the PK, and the way InnoDB clusters the PK, `iall_result` becomes unnecessary.
* Each UNIQUE KEY (including the PK) must be checked before approving an INSERT; this cuts that in half.
* The PK is appended to each secondary key. Currently it is 4 bytes; my proposal changes it to 12 bytes, but with overlap in one case. Still, the net effect will be a much smaller "Index_length".
* Is scanner_id only "1" or "2"? If so, change it to TINYINT UNSIGNED, thereby saving 3 bytes in each row. Plus 3 bytes per secondary key in my proposal.
* The I/O load may be cut significantly: The old PK (auto_increment) and date_scanned (I assume it is mostly NOW()) are mostly I/O-free. The rest (3 in your schema; 1 in mine) probably require I/O on each INSERT.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
August 04, 2014 06:51AM
Re: innodb_autoinc_lock_mode=2
August 05, 2014 09:59AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.