MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Router & Proxy

Re: installation error on Ubuntu
Posted by: Erin ONeill
Date: September 06, 2007 01:07PM

Jan --
I'm trying to build mysql-proxy on a redhat server. I have to put apps in a non-standard directory so I have to build all my mysql apps. No biggie generally, but I've hit the "No package 'lua' found" dreaded error.

I DID read the INSTALL file from the mysql-proxy-0.5.1.tar.gz file I downloaded and there was no mention of LUA flags. But searching the forums I found two. So I run configure like this:

./configure LUA_CFLAGS="-I/usr/include/lua.h" LUA_LDFLAGS="-L/usr/lib64/liblua.so -llua" --prefix=/app/mysql_proxy/0.51

I get this error:
checking for lua >= 5.1... Package lua was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `lua.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'lua' found

But I don't want to USE pkg-config. None of my Sys Admins have experience with it, and while it is installed we have very few .pc files (and one didn't come with the lua RPM)

None of this is addressed in the source INSTALL file I just downloaded. So while MySQL is highly suggesting I install this -- I can't.

suggestions?
thanks,
erin
ps. the lua libraries are indeed in the dirs I used for the LUA flags.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
August 17, 2007 06:42AM
August 17, 2007 07:45AM
Re: installation error on Ubuntu
September 06, 2007 01:07PM
September 06, 2007 04:26PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.