About Check Requirements Setp in Installation
Posted by: Bob Novell
Date: July 19, 2015 08:32PM

I've posted this question several days ago, but it was held for moderation and I guess it was never "moderated." I don't know why it was held but I'm posting a striped down version without some links I included in the first one.
-------------------------
FIRST - why does this textarea not "spell check"? It is set to spellcheck="true"?????????

I am trying install to MySQL on a Windows Vista system using the file: mysql-installer-community-5.6.25.0.msi

I started the installer, agreed to the LU, and then selected the default, developer default.

The Check Requirements page shows (look for **** question continued **** for the rest of my question):

=================================
Contents of Check Requirements Page

MySQL Workbench 6.3.4 Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime 64 bits is not installed
Requirement Details
The installer is trying to automatically resolve this requirement. There is nothing you need to do.
Requirement Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime 64 bits is not installed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
MySQL for Excel 1.3.4 Visual Studio Tools for Office 2010 is not installed
Requirement Details
The installer is trying to automatically resolve this requirement. There is nothing you need to do.
Requirement: Visual Studio Tools for Office 2010 is not installed.
------------------------------------------------------------------
MySQL for Excel 1.3.4 Excel for Office 2007 or higher is not installed
Requirement Details
This is a manual requirement. You can attempt to resolve the requirement using the information provided. When done, you can press the Check button to see if the requirement has been met.
Requirement: Excel for Office 2007 or higher is not installed
----------------------------------------------------------------
MySQL for Visual Studio 1.2.3 Visual Studio must be installed.
Requirement Details
This is a manual requirement. You can attempt to resolve the requirement using the information provided. When done, you can press the Check button to see if the requirement has been met.
Requirement: Visual Studio must be installed
---------------------------------------------------------------
MySQL Fabric 1.5.4 & MySQL Utilities 1.5.4 Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Runtime 64 bits is not installed
Requirement Details
The installer is trying to automatically resolve this requirement. There isn nothing you need to do.
Requirement: Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Runtime 64 bits is not installed
------------------------------------------------------------------
Connector/Python (3.4) 2.1.2 Python 3.4 is not installed
Requirement details
Requirement: Python 3.4 is not installed
Download URL: www dot python dot org/download
------------------------

**** question continued ****

My question is about the entries marked "manual." To the best of my knowledge some of those things have to be purchased. Do I have to, for instance, buy Visual Studio in order to use MySQL? Or the references to Distributable parts of the products?

If so, from where do I get them? The Python entry gives a URL but none of the others do.

Bob

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
About Check Requirements Setp in Installation
July 19, 2015 08:32PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.