Re: Trying to upgrade MySQL Installer on Windows 10
Posted by: Peter Lang
Date: August 30, 2015 02:02PM

Confirming this bug.

It's present both with MySQL Installer 5.6.26 and 5.7.8.0-rc, using a clean install of Windows 10 (Education).

It's possible to install the app itself, but when starting up it says's "There's a required update available for MySQL Installer. ..." Which is strange, considering I've just downloaded the latest one. Anyways, this upgrade fails, the Windows Installer help dialog shows up, its exact content has been posted before.

Denying the upgrade the installer will start just fine. Due to this the "catalog" part of the program is broken, it detects the same pseudo-update, if I try to install it the app dies, otherwise it just denies to update the catalog.

I can still install MySQL products with the Installer, however it's not quite smooth: It tries to install the same dependencies several times. Also it believes that some install procedures failed, while most of it did not, in the detailed logs it even says the update action was successful (or something like that).* Only the installation of the Workbench really failed, but it succeeded the second time though, for whatever reasons.

So while I could use it to install MySQL products (with some difficulties), as now it stands it's most likely not usable for updating these products.

(*My theory: Maybe the installer tries to install a dependency for each depending component once, and I've closed these dependency-installers when they showed up again, so it may lead the app to believe the dependency was not resolved.)

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Trying to upgrade MySQL Installer on Windows 10
August 30, 2015 02:02PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.