MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

Move one database to another drive?
Posted by: Nick Hall
Date: December 11, 2009 04:26PM

In my setup I have about 10 databases -- 9 are small and I would like them to be responsive and one is large and is constantly having rows added to it but those writes are low priority and not time-sensitive. Right now the volume of writes to the large database is consuming so much I/O that its slowing down the computer so I'd like to move this large database to a separate drive where it can use all the I/O it wants while keeping the other small databases on the original drive, and hopefully they should be a lot more responsive as they shouldn't be blocked by the I/O writes of the large DB.

Right now I am using InnoDB and all the databases are together in one large ibdata1 file. What is the best way to split this one large database off and put it, with both its data and logs, on a separate drive? Thanks,

Nick

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Move one database to another drive?
December 11, 2009 04:26PM
December 12, 2009 10:47PM
December 14, 2009 01:44PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.