MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

SQL Nodes followup
Posted by: Jonas Ibsen
Date: July 30, 2006 02:25PM

Hi

I have read most of the MySQL cluster documentation Chapter 17 but a few things is not clear to me.

This is a follow up to the following thread

http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?25,65435,65435#msg-65435

In the answer it is mentioned that having only one SQL node is a single point of failure, which i understand... Then i am wondering when you have two or more SQL nodes what IP address should your application contact to be sure to get a response? Or is it your own applications responsibility to check which SQL nodes are avalible before submitting the query?

In the forum i have read that it is the SQL node that need CPU power the most. And thereby i assume that the SQL node in case of a select only gets the data from the data nodes and then perform the query on the data.
So that made me wonder if two data nodes have the exact same data, which they do, would it not be the best aproache in case of a select statement to pass the statement on to one of the two data nodes and wait for the response of the statement, like a load balancer?

I hope you guys understand my questions :)

Kind Regards
Jonas

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
SQL Nodes followup
July 30, 2006 02:25PM
August 01, 2006 01:45AM
August 01, 2006 03:30AM
August 04, 2006 01:07PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.