MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

Special setup of upstream mysql cluster replication question
Posted by: benjamin lin
Date: November 30, 2012 01:35AM

Currently I am doing some research on mysql cluster and also using mysql replication to get the data from our mysql (all MyISAM) production to it. The issue I am having now is very slow replication to cluster.

In the very beginning, I have converted our database ( about total 50GB ) from myisam to full in-memory based cluster with 4 data nodes. However, after converting, the upstream replication to cluster becomes very slow, comparing before conversion, myisam can quickly catch up master, but right now the cluster is catching up one second to master per second. ( comparing many seconds catching up in pure myisam before conversion, I am checking behind master seconds value in show slave status).

Is anyone having the same setup when considering migration from existing database to cluster?

Here is the scenario.

MyISAM production (machine A) -> MyISAM slave + master with bin log format=MIX (Machine B)-> MySQL cluster slave ( Machine C)

1. setup replication between A and B, the purpose of this setup is converting A's statement based replication to convert to row base.
2. setup replication between B and C
2.2 after slave catching up, stop slave.
3. run alter table on C to convert MyISAM to ndbcluster engine.
4. resume slave, and now I see very slow replication.

Thanks,
Benjamin

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Special setup of upstream mysql cluster replication question
November 30, 2012 01:35AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.