MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Slave I/O: Master command COM_REGISTER_SLAVE failed: failed registering on master
Posted by: Christopher Swearingen
Date: November 27, 2009 02:19PM

I'm trying to set up a replication slave. Both the master and the slave are Win2003 servers running MySQL v5.1.34. The slave is not registering on the master and I'm perplexed.

On the Master Using MySQL Administrator (v1.2.17) I've got is configured with these settings:

-- Server ID = 1 
  -- Show Slave authentication Info = True (checked in MySQL Administrator)
  -- Log slave updates = true (checked)
  -- Binary logging enabled
Using MySQL prompt;
  -- executed the command  GRANT SLAVE REPLICATION ON *.* TO'root'@'192.168.1.17:3306' IDENTIFIED BY '[slave's PWD]'; (Query Ok, 0 rows affected)
I've got the slave's MySQL Administrator's replication tab set up as:
 -- Server ID = 2
 -- Show Slave authentication info = true (checked)
 -- Report Host = 192.168.1.17
 -- Report User = Web02
 -- Report Password = [Slave's Password]
 -- Master hostname = 192.168.1.5

On the MASTER
 -- Executed a FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCK; 
 -- I noted the current log file (mysql-bin.000005) and position (3851446) with a SHOW MASTER STATUS; command
 -- took a snapshot of the data on the master using the MySQL Administrator backup utility to run all schemas to an SQL file.

On the SLAVE

-- imported the MASTER data via a restore in MySQL Administrator
 -- Executed the command CHANGE MASTER TO MASTER_HOST='192.168.1.5', MASTER_USER='Web02', MASTER_PASSWORD='[Slave's PWD]', MASTER_LOG_FILE='mysql-bin.000005', MASTER_LOG_POS=3851446'; (Query Ok, 0 rows affected)

After stopping and restarting the SLAVE's MySQL service I get the following log:
Trying to start the server ...
Server was started.
The syntax 'for replication startup options' is deprecated and will be removed in MySQL 6.0. Please use 'CHANGE MASTER' instead.

Neither --relay-log nor --relay-log-index were used; so replication may break when this MySQL server acts as a slave and has his 
hostname changed!! Please use '--relay-log=Web02-relay-bin' to avoid this problem.

Slave SQL thread initialized, starting replication in log 'mysql-bin.000005' at position 106, relay log '.\Web02-relay-bin.000005' 
position: 4

Event Scheduler: Loaded 0 events

Slave I/O thread: connected to master 'Web02@192.168.1.5:3306',replication started in log 'mysql-bin.000005' at position 3851446

C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin\mysqld: ready for connections.
Version: '5.1.34-community'  socket: ''  
port: 3306  MySQL Community Server (GPL)

Slave I/O: Master command COM_REGISTER_SLAVE failed: Access denied for user 'Web02'@'%' (using password: YES) (Errno: 1045), Error_code: 1597

Slave I/O thread couldn't register on master

Slave I/O: Master command COM_REGISTER_SLAVE failed: failed registering on master, reconnecting to try again, log 'mysql-bin.000005' 
at postion 3851446, Error_code: 1597

Slave I/O: Master command COM_REGISTER_SLAVE failed: Access denied for user 'Web02'@'%' (using password: YES) (Errno: 1045), Error_code: 1597

Slave I/O thread couldn't register on master

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.