MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

MySQLDump 5.5.16 - Can't get an innodb consistent dump
Posted by: Adam Whelan
Date: November 22, 2011 11:24AM

Hi Everyone,
I am using MySQL 5.5.16 x64. My tables are all Innodb and everything was working fine on MySQL 5.0 . I have upgraded to the version mentioned above and when I run my backup I can't get a consistent dump. I found this problem when attempting to setup a new slave server. I took my backup from the master and restored to my new slave. I set the correct binglog and postion from the comment at the beginning of the dump and then started the slave. I immediately got duplication errors and during my research it seems that the backup had data being added to it during the backup process. It takes about 4 hours for the full backup starting at 1:00am and I had data in the tables all the way up to 4:00 am.
With the following backup command the --single-transaction should prevent the mentioned behavior from happening. It worked like it should with 5.0 and never had a problem. Anyone have any insights or had any similar problems. Here is my backup command...

mysqldump -uxxx -pxxx -AFfq --single-transaction --master-data=2 --routines --triggers | /bin/gzip > backup.sql.gz

Thank You!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQLDump 5.5.16 - Can't get an innodb consistent dump
November 22, 2011 11:24AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.