MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Re: Replication, Stored Procedures & Temporary Tables
Posted by: Irfan Ali
Date: July 11, 2012 03:35PM

>> When we do a "pull the plug" test on our slave, replication will fail to recover on the slave because there are pending transactions for that table and that table has now vanished.
Did you checked the error log ? what error you have in error log.

>> We tried using options like replicate-wild-ignore-table= and replicate-ignore-table, but these only work for ordinary transactions and not for those passed from a Stored Procedure. I don't understand why this is but this is what our testing has demonstrated.

I am not sure about this, but i thought it should work. If stored procedure is inserting data into table on master it's only log the insert statement on slave not the stored procedure call so replicate-ignore flags should work. Might be a bug

>> Some ideas that we had for workarounds were to actively diable binlogging for the duration of the Stored Procedure (which is dangerous if the procedure fails and it doesn't get enabled again).
Simply before stored procedure use SET SESSION sql_log_bin=0 this will not log to binary log on master and it should not be a problem because binary logs are off for stored procedure session and will not replicate further.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Replication, Stored Procedures & Temporary Tables
July 11, 2012 03:35PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.