MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Architecture with replicate question
Posted by: kees neervoort
Date: October 03, 2012 07:36AM

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the use of replication;

I have the situation where I have 20 mobile sound measuring stations who all write data to a central server.
The data (a string of values) is written every second (this is neccesary for "realtimeness" of the system).
The data gets timestamped by the server, this is nessesary for correlation of data which is performed.
Each station has it's own table in the same db.
The stations all comminucate over UMTS connections.

The problem that I have is that this system works fine as long as the UMTS connection is good, but since the system is used at large scale events, I have to deal with UMTS connection which drop very often and come back again a bit later (because the networks are just overloaded with iphone users etc.).
So I would like to come up with a scheme where the data is written realtime, but if the connection has been lost for 15 minutes and comes back again, it should also write the data from the time when the connection wasn't there.

At the moment I'm looking at this solution;
-I create a local db at every station
-I replicate these databases with the central db

my questions are;
1- can this work? (if I understand correctly every station has to be a master and the server the slave)
2- will this create a lot of extra network traffic?
3- will this still be "realtime"? (can the replicate be updated every second)
4- will this create much more load on the server?
5- are there better solutions for this problem?

many thanks in advance!
Kees

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Architecture with replicate question
October 03, 2012 07:36AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.