MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Replication from SQL Server?
Posted by: c rousseau
Date: October 31, 2012 03:46PM

I wasn't sure which of the forum topics to put this post in... this one looked close, but please let me know if I should try posting in another area...

While I'm not new to coding MySQL or using it with PHP, I am a total newb when it comes to syncing from one DB to another. Here's my issue:

We have a new MySQL DB that's going to store user email addresses. The legacy DB is SQL Server which has detailed user information. What we want to do is use SQL Server as the source to replicate just the user email addresses to a new table in MySQL.

Then, whenever a new email is added to SQL Server, we want that email to be copied to MySQL.

So we're looking to do a one-time copy, then periodic updates (I'm guessing once a day) using SQL Server as the source and MySQL as the destination.

We don't really have a DBA here (unfortunately!), so I'm not sure how this could be managed. For the one-time copy, I want to say we could do an export to a file from SQL Server, then import to MySQL, but I didn't know if there was another way. Perhaps this is the simplest though? But I'm really in the dark on how to replicate updates on a daily basis.

Could someone point me in the right direction? Much appreciated...

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Replication from SQL Server?
October 31, 2012 03:46PM
November 01, 2012 09:02AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.