MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

confusing slave and master server ids
Posted by: Paul Blazek
Date: December 13, 2012 11:05AM

I'm trying to set up master->slave->slave2 replication using servers DB2, DB210, and DB212 with respective server ids 2, 210, and 212. Replication works fine from DB2 (5.1.60) to DB210 (5.5.27). I did a STOP SLAVE on DB210 and backed up the databases, then restored them to DB212 (5.5.28). At the same time I did SHOW MASTER STATUS on DB210 to get the replication starting point for DB212. I did START SLAVE on DB210 and let it catch up - worked fine. I did CHANGE MASTER on DB212 to set the starting point - worked fine.

When I try to START SLAVE on DB212 I get the error message "Slave I/O: Fatal error: The slave I/O thread stops because master and slave have equal MySQL server ids; these ids must be different for replication to work (or the --replicate-same-server-id option must be used on slave but this does not always make sense; please check the manual before using it). Error_code: 1593". When I SHOW SLAVE STATUS\G I see "Master_Server_Id: 212", which is the local server id. If I SET GLOBAL server_id = 44 and START SLAVE, I see "Master_Server_Id: 44" and slave I/O has stopped with the same error. Somehow MySQL is seeing the local server_id as the Master_Server_Id. What have I missed?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
confusing slave and master server ids
December 13, 2012 11:05AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.