MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

SSL connection works but SSL Replication does not
Posted by: David Ward
Date: November 13, 2013 02:31AM

My background is a Linux admin and user for the last 10 years. I have done a bit of MySQL admin but not a lot.

Running Debian 7 64bit, MySQL 5.5.31

What works:
I followed the guide for SSL setup. Worked fine. I can use the mysql client on the client to login to the server using ssl (user has the require ssl option set).
If I remove the users "require ssl" setting (drop and create the user again), then replication works

What doesn't work.
Trying to replicate with SSL

I get a 1045 error.
If I try to use the "CHANGE MASTER TO" command to set the MASTER_SSL_KEY, MASTER_SSL_CERT, MASTER_SSL_CA on the client the clients certs and the CA I then get a 2026 error.

The logs on the server simply says User is denied (when connecting through replication and SSL).

So the question is, is there something else needed to do to enable SSL when replicating above and beyond what you need to a SSL connection using the mysql command line client? I have searched and searched today, following guides all over the net but nothing so far can get me over this hump.

I could setup a SSH tunnel or stunnel to pipe the unencrypted traffic through but I thought using MySQL SSL's implementation would be best.

Thanks for any help.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
SSL connection works but SSL Replication does not
November 13, 2013 02:31AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.