Posted by: Simon AAA
Date: April 09, 2014 04:19AM

Hi All,

Here is my problem.

Environment :

- 2 virtual machine on vSphere
- MySQL Server 5.6

Prerequisite :

- MySQL replication has been correctly set and is working both ways (primary <-> secondary)

Scenario :

1. On the primary server, disable the network card adapter (Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections)
2. Wait for 60 seconds
3. On the primary server, enable the network card adapter

Result : The MySQL replication is not working anymore (primary -> secondary and inversely). However, the MySQL logs shows that the replication has been resumed correctly (the file and postion are correct) :

Error reading packet from server: Lost connection to MySQL server during query ( server_errno=2013)
Slave I/O thread: Failed reading log event, reconnecting to retry, log 'mysql-bin.000001' at position 1837
Storing MySQL user name or password information in the master info repository is not secure and is therefore not recommended. Please consider using the USER and PASSWORD connection options for START SLAVE; see the 'START SLAVE Syntax' in the MySQL Manual f [truncated, 276 bytes total]
Slave I/O: error reconnecting to master 'replication@10.10.0.1:3306' - retry-time: 60 retries: 1, Error_code: 2003
Slave I/O: error reconnecting to master 'replication@10.10.0.1:3306' - retry-time: 60 retries: 2, Error_code: 2003
Slave I/O: error reconnecting to master 'replication@10.10.0.1:3306' - retry-time: 60 retries: 3, Error_code: 2003
Slave: connected to master 'replication@10.10.0.1:3306',replication resumed in log 'mysql-bin.000001' at position 1837

Expected result : The MySQL replication is still working

Note :

- If I disable / enable the network card directly in vSphere, the MySQL replication is still working
- If I use a physical machine and unplug / plug the network cable, the MySQL replication is still working

Does anyone has the same issue? Could you please help me to solve this?

Thank you,

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.