MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

checksum table not always matching on same server version
Posted by: Steve Weintraut
Date: May 07, 2014 01:05PM

Hi

We've been looking at using a mysql server for general user access and a replica of that server for others to run long running queries on. The problem is that I want to ensure that the data is truly in-sync, so I wrote a script that goes through once a day and does a checksum on each table to see if they match.

I also lock the tables before doing a checksum.

Even though I've made sure that both systems are running the same version of mysql and the same OS version, while most of the tables match, a few don't.

And some of the few that don't really don't make sense as they are static tables that are never really updated, and if do an export of each table and run a diff on them they are the same, but somehow the mysql checksum table returns a different value for them.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance. I'd really like to use mysql for this project but this one issue is really preventing me from moving forward with it.

Steve

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
checksum table not always matching on same server version
May 07, 2014 01:05PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.