MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Re: relay-bin files not being cleaned up
Posted by: Rick James
Date: July 25, 2014 08:55AM

I have encountered non-deleted relay logs a few times. But it has always been "my fault".

The way I was cloning slaves led to old relay logs from the source machine. They had no useful info, and could easily be deleted. I think there was another case, but again, "my fault".

The relay logs necessarily go away on their own. So, if valid logs are sticking around, let's check some things:

* Are the server_id values (SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'server_id';) distinct across all connected Master(s) and Slave(s)? That is a requirement.

* SHOW SLAVE STATUS; -- is replication caught up? Check Seconds_behind_master, plus the various file names, plus the two Yes/No fields. If replication stopped, or is behind, the relay logs are necessary. In this case, the 'real' solution is to discover why it stopped or is lagging.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: relay-bin files not being cleaned up
July 25, 2014 08:55AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.