MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Re: relay-bin files not being cleaned up
Posted by: Vince Garner
Date: August 25, 2014 03:00PM

Rick,

The log files are being purged now. I noticed that the binary log listed in relay-bin.info was not available, so I modified the PURGE BINARY LOGS to keep 10 days of log files. There are now just 2 relay-bin log files, both with today's date.

I was going to say that it seems the slave needs the binary log listed in the relay-log.info file, but that doesn't seem right. Relay-log.info lists mysql-bin.000048, and oldest file is mysql-bin.000058. Newest file is mysql-bin.000074. Perhaps the binary log value in the relay-log.info is stuck from when it was not available when I first noticed it.

Thanks for the help, it got me looking around to notice the strangeness of the relay-bin file entries.

So, I guess you need to keep some binary log files around for the slave process to validate (?) before it purges the relay bins.

Thanks again,
Vince

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: relay-bin files not being cleaned up
August 25, 2014 03:00PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.