MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Replication with Views
Posted by: Chris Rase
Date: September 25, 2014 03:58AM

On server 1 i got "01_maindb" which holds the master tables.

I replicate this table to the two other servers without problems. Writes in this db replicate through all the others - no problems.

On every server i have several databases which include tables from 01_maindb as VIEWS. So for example i have db "10_subdb" which uses 01_maindb.accounts for its own queries as 10_subdb.accounts. So 10_subdb.accounts is only a view to 01_maindb.accounts - there is now own accounts table.

Now comes the problem: When I write to 10_subdb.accounts (which is a view) the update does NOT gets replicated to the other servers but gets written locally to server 1's 00_maindb database.

I've experimented with the replicate-do-db and had no luck. Currently i'm doing binlog for 00_maindb as I expect as soon as any subdb writes into its view it will also write into the binlog for 00_maindb.

Anyone had a similar issue before or a tip ?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Replication with Views
September 25, 2014 03:58AM
September 25, 2014 11:27PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.