MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Stopping Slave_IO_Thread on slave once it recieves logs till particular position
Posted by: Ravi Teja Pattam
Date: March 30, 2015 11:48PM

Hi Guys,

On master server, there is a process. All the updates from this process keep coming down to all slaves. These updates are very important for unified snapshot process.

As soon as that process finishes on master we need to identify the master bin log and position having the last output of this process. On a slave, we need to detect when this bin-log and till that position is successfully downloaded by I/O thread. Once the slave I/O gets to that pointer, we need to stop the I/O thread (but let the SQL thread running). This intervention will make sure that bin-logs of process are successfully queued in slave and no more inputs come after that (because we stopped I/O). SQL thread on slave will continue executing the statements till the replication delay becomes zero.

Can you guys help me in automating this process

Thanks
Ravi

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.