MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Strange behaviour
Posted by: Hugo Croonenborghs
Date: November 09, 2015 02:31AM

Situation: 2 servers running in master - master replication, working fine.
For some reason, in my application (error case), I need to backup the database on server 1 and restire it on server 2. 2 tables in the database are set to
NOT replicate in ini file ('replicate-wild-ignore-table=%.table1' and 'replicate-wild-ignore-table=%.table2'

Procedure (all commands are issued from server 1)

1. stop replication on on server 1 (stop slave)
2. stop replication on on server 2 (stop slave)

After this, both 'Slave_IO_Running' and 'Slave_SQL_Running' are 'NO' on both servers

3. Drop database schema on server 2
4. Backup database on server 1
5. Restore database on server 2 (takes a while)
6. Reset replication on both servers (STOP SLAVE; FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCK; RESET SLAVE ALL; RESET MASTER; UNLOCK TABLES)
7. Get Master status on server 1
8. set master params on server 2
9. start replication on server 1
10. start replication on server 2

When running this scenario, I see following things:

1. It works and all is well
2. On server 1, when running scenario, I see, in Workbench (refreshing schema's all the time), the database disappearing and coming back but the 2 not replicated tables are gone
3. On server 1, when running scenario, I see, in Workbench (refreshing schema's all the time), the database disappearing and never coming back!

In cases 2 and 3 I'm screwed because my mother database is corrupted!

Questions:

1. Is this the correct approach to replace a database on one of the servers in a master/master replication setup?
2. I can not understand/figure out why the database is disappearing on server 1 while I'm sure the database is being restored on server 2 AND according to me replication is off line.

Please help, any tip can help!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Strange behaviour
November 09, 2015 02:31AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.