MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Slave Access Denied Problem
Posted by: Andy Theuninck
Date: December 24, 2015 07:49AM

Slave server can connect to master server just fine via CLI. When connecting via CLI and issuing SHOW GRANTS the slave user has REPLICATION SLAVE on the master server. When I run CHANGE MASTER on the slave server with the exact same credentials, I get I/O Error 1045 Access denied for user 'slave_user'@'ip_address' (using password: YES).

I have verified that the username and password are in fact correct. They work using mysql -u slave_user -pslave_password -h master_server.

When I connect to the master server as above and run SHOW GRANTS I get this:
+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Grants for slave_user@% |
+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| GRANT REPLICATION SLAVE ON *.* TO 'slave_user'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD 'hash redacted' |

In mysql.user on the master server, there is only one record for slave_user with host %.

I'm out of ideas. The credentials appear to be correct. The permissions appear to be correct. It does not appear to be an issue related to the user's hostname/IP. Why else could it be throwing an access denied error?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Slave Access Denied Problem
December 24, 2015 07:49AM
December 26, 2015 02:12PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.