MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

slave_exec_mode in mysql
Posted by: Ashu Sharma
Date: May 03, 2016 12:43PM

I am working on a scenario which uses Mysql Master/Slave Replication, Master Instance uses **SBR**[*Statement Based Replication*] as BinLog Format while my slave uses **RBR**[*Row Based Replication*] as BinLog Format.

I am using *slave_exec_mode* as **STRICT** mode, While going through the documentation of Mysql 5.6, i found that "**IDEMPOTENT** mode causes suppression of duplicate-key and no-key-found errors. **STRICT** mode is the default, and is suitable for most other cases".

In my scenario with Master Slave Replication ON, if i try to delete a row from the slave and then delete it from Master, ideally the replication should stop due to *no-key-found* error as the same has been deleted in the slave, however i am surprised to find out that the replication doesn;t break. Just want to checkout if *slave_exec_mode* works only when both the Master/Slave in **RBR** or if i am missing some setting.

I couldn;t found much help regarding this parameter apart from this documentation http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/replication-options-slave.html which doesn't mention anything about whether *binlog_format* should be same in both Master/Slave for this to work or not?

Please let me know about it. Feel free to add some reference links which discuss this parameter in detail.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
slave_exec_mode in mysql
May 03, 2016 12:43PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.