MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Replication from 5.5 Master to 5.7 Slave
Posted by: IGG t
Date: May 20, 2016 09:36AM

I'm trying to set up a couple of MySQL 5.7 databases for testing purposes. To do this I need to set them up as Slaves.

My current Database set up uses MySQL 5.5.

Is it possible to replicate from 5.5 >> 5.7 ?? As from what I am reading the answer is no. But I figure this can't be right, as it means there is no way of migrating a live system from 5.5 to 5.7, (without upgrading the Master first).

I have disabled GTID on the slave:
set @@global.GTID_MODE = OFF;
set @@global.enforce_gtid_consistency = OFF;

But I still keep getting the error "Fatal error: The slave I/O thread stops because a fatal error is encountered when it tries to get the value of SERVER_UUID variable from master."

What I need to do is set up some 5.7 Slaves, so I can test them, then slowly replace each of my 5.5 slaves with new 5.7 slaves, before finally promoting one of the new 5.7 slaves to be the master.

I am not concerned about using GTID at this point, I just want to get the upgraded databases in place without having to take down my whole system to do it.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Replication from 5.5 Master to 5.7 Slave
May 20, 2016 09:36AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.