MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Master-master replication and the mysql system database
Posted by: Keith Wessel
Date: August 15, 2016 09:22AM

Hi,

We're setting up two MySQL 5.7 servers, and we'd like to have full data replication of all databases. We'd also like users and passwords to be replicated, and I suspect there are other useful tidbits such as the grants tables that we want replicated as well to keep things fully in sync. The idea is to not need to run SQL statements on both servers.

From what I've read, there's no harm in replicating the mysql database to cover all of these things. However, we're using table storage for the relay log and master info to make the replication more resiliant to crashes. So, I assume we'll want to do replicate-wild-ignore-table = mysql.slave_%.

Question is are there other tables in the mysql database that we should avoid replicating to prevent from breaking something or just otherwise making our lives difficult?

Thanks,
Keith

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Master-master replication and the mysql system database
August 15, 2016 09:22AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.